Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the PRR, up to 1968. Visit the PRR Technical & Historical Society for more information.
 #1361778  by Allen Hazen

A while back-- 2012-- there was news of a project to build a new T-1 duplex: a 53rd member of a class whose first 52 were scrapped long ago. I thought it was discussed on this forum, but the only string I could find just now was the one on the Steam Locomotives forum. Anyway...
When this idea first came up, most of the participants in Railroad.net forum discussions -- me included! -- were sceptical: it seemed unlikely to go ahead.
Well… The organization is still going strong, they have been scanning and digitizing blueprints, and have apparently talked to foundries about, and prepared at least part of the wooden patterns for, casting new Boxpok driving wheel centres for the T-1.
So… Maybe?
---
There is a two page article about the project, by representatives of the organization, in the December 2015 issue of "Railfan and Railroad," pp. 60-61.
Giving the url of their website: http://www.prrt1stemlocomotivetrust.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;