Railroad Forums 

• JUNIATA Project HO Need Info DETAILED PHOTOS frm the experts

• Discussion relating to the PRR, up to 1968. Visit the PRR Technical & Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the PRR, up to 1968. Visit the PRR Technical & Historical Society for more information.
 #1238130  by SteamCuriosity

Hello All,

I am stuck on another Locomotive but am drawing some blanks on my research that I hope someone can help me out with. I know their is someone out there that has nice HIGH RESOLUTION photograph profiles of a PRR. JUNIATA H.3a or H.3c or D.13c class locomotives, but I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING! These would be among the earliest Juniata 1890s Locomotives. I'm planning on making highly detailed models of these classes but would like to get every possible detail correct from the rivets right down to the builders plate!!!

ANY help would be appreciated. Close up photos of the original engines that have details such as the builders plates, riveting ect. visible would be appreciated. I'm hoping that someone who owns an original builders plate of this class is right here among us!

Thank you all for any help, and happy holidays to all!!
 #1238897  by Otto Vondrak

What kind of models are you trying to build?

Where have you looked? I did a Google search for the three classes you mentioned and came up with many good results.

Have you tried contacting the Pennsylvania Railroad Technical & Historical Society? http://www.prrths.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

good luck

-otto-
 #1239172  by charlie6017

In addition to the info Otto gave above, maybe obtaining the book "Pennsy Power" by Alvin
Staufer is in order. This book covers the steam and electric locomotive Pennsy had from 1900
thru 1957 and usually can be found on ebay.

Charlie