Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the Penn Central, up until its 1976 inclusion in Conrail. Visit the Penn Central Railroad Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#392973  by scottychaos

Email I just recieved from Amazon..bummer, :(

scot

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are sorry to report that we will not be able to obtain the following
item from your order:

Robert J. Yanosey (Author) "Penn Central Power"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0961905808

Though we had expected to be able to send this item to you, we've
since found that it is not available from any of our sources at this
time. We realize this is disappointing news to hear, and we apologize
for the inconvenience we have caused you.

We must also apologize for the length of time it has taken us to reach
this conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this
item for you.

We have cancelled this item from your order.

While this item is not available directly from Amazon.com, you may be
able to purchase it from one of the many other sellers with product listings on Amazon.com. Please click on the link above to visit the product detail page.
If the item is available from a third-party seller, you will see a
"Used & new" link on the product detail page that will provide a list of merchants currently selling the item.

#392988  by RichM

Yup, just got the same message about another railroad book.

I've said it before, I believe Amazon has a new subcontractor who posts a catalog of railroad books, but cannot deliver anything that's not current.

If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't.

#396170  by Jersey Jeff

scottychaos wrote:Email I just recieved from Amazon..bummer, :(

scot

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are sorry to report that we will not be able to obtain the following
item from your order:

Robert J. Yanosey (Author) "Penn Central Power"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0961905808

I just received the same e-mail today. With used copies of this book selling for $200+, why doesn't the publisher reprint it? It appears that it would sell quite well from the high demand for used books.
 #1054916  by charlie6017

Very old thread.........but this book FINALLY is seeing another printing!

www.morningsunbooks.com

Penn Central Power
25th Anniversary Edition Reprint
Robert J. Yanosey

Penn Central Power, Morning Sun Book’s first title, is reprinted in a special 25th Anniversary limited run released on November 15, 2012 in anticipation of a new series entitled Penn Central Power In Color, which will begin in 2013 and pick up where the original left off. The original Penn Central Power was vastly different from the typical MSB format to which readers have become accustomed. Instead of being in all color, that first Penn Central Power (and this reprint) is 248 pages of black-and-white photography with a 12-page color insert.

Item # 1463
248 pages, mostly b&w

NOVEMBER 15, 2012 RELEASE: Reserve your copy today for $59.95 + postage
 #1055680  by kilroy

charlie6017 wrote:Very old thread.........but this book FINALLY is seeing another printing!

http://www.morningsunbooks.com

Penn Central Power
Robert J. Yanosey

Penn Central Power, Morning Sun Book’s first title, is reprinted in a special 25th Anniversary limited run released on November 15, 2012 in anticipation of a new series entitled Penn Central Power In Color, which will begin in 2013 and pick up where the original left off. The original Penn Central Power was vastly different from the typical MSB format to which readers have become accustomed. Instead of being in all color, that first Penn Central Power (and this reprint) is 248 pages of black-and-white photography with a 12-page color insert.

Item # 1463
248 pages, mostly b&w

B&W or color, how can you tell the difference unless there's leaves on the trees?
 #1055698  by Jersey Jeff

charlie6017 wrote:Very old thread.........but this book FINALLY is seeing another printing!

http://www.morningsunbooks.com

Penn Central Power
Robert J. Yanosey

Item # 1463
248 pages, mostly b&w

Just in time for the Holidays! I will alert my loved ones.
 #1102909  by scottychaos

Hey! I got the book today! :)
just quickly leafed through it so far, but it looks very nice!
yep, 248 pages, almost twice the length of a standard Morning Sun "in color" book..
mostly B&W, as was the first printing, but with 12 color pages in the middle.
(not sure if the original printing had color pages or not)

glad it finally came out! thanks Morning Sun! Image

Scot