Discussion relating to the Penn Central, up until its 1976 inclusion in Conrail. Visit the Penn Central Railroad Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

by jmarino

Does anyone recall a video of the last penn central train on the catskill mtn branch [ Conrail ] and is it available for veiwing somewhere , I last seen it in the 70s on a local pbs network
  by jmarino

jmarino wrote:Does anyone recall a video of the last penn central train on the catskill mtn branch [ Conrail ] and is it available for veiwing somewhere , I last seen it in the 70s on a local pbs network
hope someone makes one of the cmrr on the branch ulster county wants to tare the line out for a rail trail
  by jmarino

1010 reviews and no one remembers film of the last Penn Central run on WMHT 17 out of Schenectady, I am sure as life they showed this !
  by charlie6017

I would recommend maybe checking on PBS's website......they might have some kind of information on that.

Charlie
  by jmarino

charlie6017 wrote:I would recommend maybe checking on PBS's website......they might have some kind of information on that.

Charlie
Done no luck , cant believe no one recalls this
  by Backshophoss

Check with the SUNY campus that supports WMHT and their History Dept.
You might try some of the Local Historical groups in the area as well.
  by jmarino

Backshophoss wrote:Check with the SUNY campus that supports WMHT and their History Dept.
You might try some of the Local Historical groups in the area as well.
thanks
  by New Haven 1

I know this is an old post but knew right away what video was being mentioned.

Below is a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzQ5uuRlexk

It is part of a series but the Catskill Branch is in this part.
  by charlie6017

This is great, thanks for posting this! I will have to order this dvd.

Charlie