Railroad Forums 

• Beech Creek District, Pennsylvania Division Passenger Trains

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1498406  by Statkowski

Prior to the elimination of such service, any idea as to what type of equipment would have been used:
* Clearfield to Jersey Shore (and possibly Williamsport).
* Clearfield southward towards Patton and Cherry Tree.

1918 ETT shows all sorts of service; 1951 ETT shows none. Supposedly service to Cherry Tree went belly up in 1931. Service to Patton?
 #1560330  by urr304

I happen to back track through some references, although not inclusive. I would say equipment was coaches only, no equipment listings shown.

As you said, NYC passenger service ended by 1931 to Beech Creek lines and Pennsylvania Div lines except one train to Williamsport, daily except Sunday. Pennsylvania Division service from Lyons to Corning to Williamsport ended sometime between Feb and June 1935, train ended at Lawrenceville. By 1936, no passenger service listed. I guess it was very easy to show they had no traffic to the State PUC's.