Railroad Forums 

• Noel Weaver's Collection and Memorial

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
 #1509342  by Liquidcamphor

I learned some sad news today that retired Metro North and Conrail/New Haven Engineer Noel Weaver passed away recently. I wanted to post that information in the LIRR forum. Noel was a contributor to this forum and his candor, experience and knowledge of rail operations were a benefit to us. Noel, Rest in Peace.
 #1509345  by Tadman

We were lucky to have Noel as a member here. His passion for the job and the hobby was evident every day. He loved looking up tough questions in his library and really wanted the legacy of the New Haven and NH people to live on. I’m sad to see him go.
 #1509347  by CNJGeep

A true Old Master. He will not be forgotten
 #1509362  by charlie6017

This one hurts -- I've been a part of this site for almost twenty years and Noel was there when I first joined. It
was a joy to have discussion with him and his great number of stories.

Rest in Peace, Noel -- enjoy the journey on the last westbound, and we'll bring up the markers.

Charlie
 #1509363  by Fishrrman

RIP Noel.

I remember him from Conrail, back before Metro-North. Then he went to MN, and came back to Conrail so that he could take one of the top Selkirk-to-Buffalo jobs on the "order-of-selection" list for our seniority district (CR District F).

He had a pretty good run !

- J.Albert
 #1509386  by BandA

I also did not know Noel, but enjoyed learning from his first-hand knowledge. His last post was a detailed travel report from the beginning of February, where he got up and went and did and told others!
 #1509393  by Backshophoss

One of the few that lived thru the crazy history of the Commuter services out of GCT the creation of the Metro Region of PC,then CR and
the creation of Metro North,along with the "shotgun wedding" of the New Haven into PC
He will be missed by all.
 #1509406  by MACTRAXX

Everyone:

I am dedicating my 4000th post to the memory of our fellow Forum member Noel Weaver.

In the course of my 14 year three month and two week membership at Railroad.net I enjoyed
reading Noel's posts - especially recollections about his railroading days.

If anyone has an obituary for Noel please add them to this topic.

He was one of the more respected members of these Forums and he will be missed...

Rest in Peace, Noel

MACTRAXX
 #1509411  by J.D. Lang

Truly a great lost to this site. I always looked forward to reading his posts and the sharing of his experiences and vast knowledge of working in the industry especially during the turbulent times of change here in the Northeast. We all learned a lot from his posts and will surely be missed.

Condolences to his family.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge with all of us. RIP Noel
 #1509434  by Kilo Echo

A sad loss to the railroading world. Sarge, perhaps Mr. Weaver could become the first to be inducted into the RAILROAD.net Hall of Fame.
 #1509435  by Wayside

While I never got to work with Noel on the same crew (we were both engineers on the Conrail River Line at one point, but worked from opposing terminals) I 'm sure I passed him on several sidings, and always enjoyed his perspectives here in these forums.