Railroad Forums 

• Bernard Rudberg, New York Railroad Historian, Passes

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
 #1413140  by Jeff Smith

Many of you may already know that Bernard Rudberg passed away on December 14. Mr. Rudberg was a long time contributor to this forum and he will be sorely missed.

http://obittree.com/obituary/us/new-yor ... g/2793909/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.facebook.com/bernard.rudberg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1413147  by jwhite07

I am sorry to hear that. Although I did not know him, his updates on the ongoing restoration of the Hopewell Depot were always interesting reads. The project is a model of what a dedicated group can accomplish in short time, and it is a great monument to him and his group's hard work over the past few years.
 #1413318  by MEC407

jwhite07 wrote:I am sorry to hear that. Although I did not know him, his updates on the ongoing restoration of the Hopewell Depot were always interesting reads. The project is a model of what a dedicated group can accomplish in short time, and it is a great monument to him and his group's hard work over the past few years.
I couldn't have said it better.
 #1413564  by Dick H

I was fortunate to visit the HJ depot in 2014 and had an excellent chat with
Mr. Rudberg. His efforts on behalf of the depot restoration and his knowledge
of railroad history in that area will long be remembered. RIP, Bernie.
 #1415145  by Noel Weaver

I remember when I chartered a Budd Car from New Haven to Campbell Hall in the fall of 1968 we stopped at Hopewell Junction and even back then there was a move to save and restore that old station. Thanks to Bernie Rudberg it happened, it took a long time but good things often take a long time. Thanks Bernie!!
Noel Weaver
 #1417731  by Engineer Spike

I have been a long time CNE fan. It started with family trips along US 44, and spotting its right of way. Since then, I have learned that several family members were involved with its charter, construction, and operation. Mr. Rudberg has certainly put out lots of information, based on his research. Even though we never crossed paths, I appreciate his efforts.