Railroad Forums 

• Last passenger trains at Danbury & Waterbury

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
 #1083263  by Noel Weaver

After a lot of work diving in to employee timetables over a span of several years, here is what I have come up with regarding trains stopping at Devon.
The last timetable showing passenger trains stopping at Devon was timetable no. 131 dated Akpril 25, 1937. At that time one mainline train in each direction made a regular "s" stop at Devon; westbound 361 at 5:00 AM and eastbound 374 at 5:44 PM. In the same timetable the following trains on the Naugy stopped at Devon but not at exactly the same spot: 441 from Waterbury at 6:31 AM, 459 from Waterbury at 5:25 PM and 450 to Waterbury at 6:15 AM. The next timetable no. 132 dated September 26, 1937 shows no more stops at Devon for passengers BUT trains 361 and 374 continued to stop or slow for mail, express and/or newspapers and this continued all through WW-II until timetable no. 162 which was dated April 27, 1947 at which time there were no more trains stopping at Devon except for operating reasons. This means that the last timetable showing trains 361 and 374 with "m" symbols at Devon was timetable no. 161 dated September 29, 1946.
I hope this closes the matter regarding trains stopping at Devon.
Noel Weaver
 #1150092  by famcrown

no reason to start new topic here but just wanted to clarify as i have recently taken waterbury line many times. in past year.

the 5:57am weekday train goes straight to Grand central terminal, (thru train to Grand Central, though not express)

it goes from Waterbury-local to Bridgeport, next Stamford, -then local to grand central. The MTA website says it goes to Stamford, but so far it has continued local from Stamford into grand central.
unless someones in a rush, there are a few people who just stay on the train which takes about 20 min longer than express connection from Stamford.

not sure why then don't use an M-8 to take the local from Stamford, why waist the diesel fuel.

also, i saw someone was wondering about old awning that covered the platform at Waterbury, here's a link to a pic.

http://www.bronsonlibrary.org/filestora ... ressed.pdf

enjoy, to all people who remember.