Railroad Forums 

• "A Great Railroad At Work"

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
 #803378  by shadyjay

I was bored yesterday so I watched "A Great Railroad at Work"... which dates back to the Palmer administration (and was released on Pentrex back in the 90s) (also watched a few PRR videos as well). In case you're not sure what I'm talking about, the opening scene shows a train coming around the bend passing under an overpass and stopping at a station, with a boy in front of it

Just curious as to what station this was shot at. Anyone know?

Thanks!
 #1534135  by frakiedg

Well i am new to the forums, having seen this post 19 years late, i still feel i need to answer it,lol The station is at Mount camel Connecticut part of Hamden Connecticut,on the former New haven and Northampton line ,also known as the Canal line,The station master was Mr. Bellenger a friend of my grandmother, I practically grew up along this line,but i only saw Penn cent. and
Conrail ,and it s demise in to a bike trail,the station still stands today but its nothing of its former glory ,it burned once and was remodeled at least twice.
 #1541231  by frakiedg

Mt camel is in the New haven county its the north end of Hamden ct ,the station is still there today but it looks nothing like it did in its hay day, https://www.google.com/maps/@41.4146634 ... 384!8i8192 here is the google map link,the track had a siding ,closest to the station and a team track to the north past the fright house witch is all so still there,but it to has been "ruined and dont look as it did,There are pictuers here of the station ,my grand mother took , you just have to do a little scrolling past my pictures to get to them ,
http://photos.nerail.org/search/searchr ... ODE=&POYE=