Railroad Forums 

• Locomotive Crane with Snow blow attachment

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

#892741  by scharnhorst

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Its a 25 ton American Brown Hoist Crane with a Snow Blower attachment. I found this print on an undeveloped roll of film that I had sitting around.
Attachments:
locomotive-crane-50442.jpg
locomotive-crane-50442.jpg (61.88 KiB) Viewed 1553 times
 #893960  by v8interceptor

scharnhorst wrote:Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Its a 25 ton American Brown Hoist Crane with a Snow Blower attachment. I found this print on an undeveloped roll of film that I had sitting around.
Is that on one of the Canadian ore hauling roads? IIRC, I've seen a pic of the same machine on another site. I'm under the impression that it's a one-of-a-kind solution designed and built by the shop forces of that RR..
 #894062  by scharnhorst

v8interceptor wrote:
scharnhorst wrote:Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Its a 25 ton American Brown Hoist Crane with a Snow Blower attachment. I found this print on an undeveloped roll of film that I had sitting around.
Is that on one of the Canadian ore hauling roads? IIRC, I've seen a pic of the same machine on another site. I'm under the impression that it's a one-of-a-kind solution designed and built by the shop forces of that RR..
I found it siting down in Hamilton, Ontario back in 2008 on CN according to my notes that I just found. I sent the photo to a friend of mine to see if he had seen it in his travels sents he spends a lot of time there on and off the Sperry Cars. He told me that CN sold it over the summer to whom I don't know..

I'll ask around when I return state side if the airport reopens and things settle down here in Moscow.