Railroad Forums 

• RMDI

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

#166303  by GN 599

I understand they are a company in the locomotive business in PA but what does their initials stand for. What locomotives do they have right now. How does a person contact them.

#166321  by Brad Smith

Using the internet search engine, here's what I found.

RMDI stands for Ronald M Delivan Industries in Pittston, PA., half way between Scranton and Wilkes-Barre PA.

Entering RMDI in a phone search gave me this:
Rmdi
Coxton Rd
Duryea, PA 18642 Phone: (570) 603-0565

Business Types: Heavy Construction, Railroad Contractors

#167276  by GN 599

Ah thanks

#167603  by GOLDEN-ARM

Just a bit of additional info. RMDI has no locos, in the Railway Equipment Registry, including locos, so they must contract repair only. Also, they work out of the old LVRR roundhouse, at Packerton (pittston) yard, at Pittston, Pa. Easy to find, on any LVRR system map, or mapquest, etc., Regards :-D

#168065  by SOU2645

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:Just a bit of additional info. RMDI has no locos, in the Railway Equipment Registry, including locos, so they must contract repair only. Also, they work out of the old LVRR roundhouse, at Packerton (pittston) yard, at Pittston, Pa. Easy to find, on any LVRR system map, or mapquest, etc., Regards :-D
RMDI/BDLX has many old GE's in various states of disrepair on the property. They have had ex NJT U34CH's, NS U23B's, NS B23-7's, NS B30-7A's, CR B23-7's, NS C32-8's (all scrapped except the one leased/sold to JCMX) L&N U25B 1616 etc. BDLX also has ex NS GP40 1355 and SD40's. They are NOT railfan friendly and pic taking on their property is not allowed.

#168790  by GN 599

Do they actually own the L&N 1616?

#170326  by railroadcarmover

I was up at RMDI a few times doing some contract repair work on a Trackmobile and there were some 70 odd locomotives on the property. I have a copy of the loco list that showed which locos were on the property and their location.
Interesting setup they have there.

#170330  by GN 599

Wish I had some 70 odd locomotives on my property. :-D
 #179042  by checexcitation

[

They are NOT railfan friendly and pic taking on their property is not allowed

I am afraid that Ron Delevan has had so many locomotive parts "liberated" by rail buffs and thieves, that he is not able to tolerate anyone being on the property without permission. Also, I'm sure liability issues come into play.
He's quite a nice guy to know, and I'm sure he doesn't like restricting the area, but, business is business.

#179287  by GN 599

Cant say I blame him. I would like to know where stuff that people steal ends up. Theives piss me off. That is the crazy thing about this hobby is people stealing and saying they "found it".