Railroad Forums 

• CC203 DE locomotive series

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

#1467763  by Ronal U18C Indonesia

As upgrading technology from CC201, CC203 was built, ther'e a different from CC201

Height : 3637 mm
Claw height : 775 mm
Length : 14135 mm
Gauge : 1067 mm
Engine type : 4 step, 2 level turbocharger
Engine effort : 2150 HP
Converter effort : 2000 HP
This series deigned hydrodinamic nose for reduce a wild passenger.

As for CC203 special
Among them's
1. 02 03/40 because He as experiencing an acciddent, He experiencing a minor damage(paint was exfoliate, lamp signal was braked), when service a Argo Bromo Anggrek train was crashed with a Senja Utama Semarang(Menoreh train now), until He was nicknamed a magical locomotive

Any want to ask or question?
 #1468877  by Pneudyne

Here are some pages from the operating manual for the GE U20C, Indonesia CC203 class.
GE GEJ-6772 fc.gif
GE GEJ-6772 fp.i.gif
GE GEJ-6772 p.03.gif
On the title page, GE highlighted the fact that it was fitted with the 26L braking system. In this case, it was the three-pipe (Australasian terminology) version, which I think was not common in the USA, where the four-pipe universal version was mostly used. First user of the 26L outside of North America was New Zealand Railways (NZR), in 1961, with the three-pipe version. (But for various reasons it went on to use the four-pipe and four-pipe universal versions in some cases.)

The Indonesian version of the U20C was unusual with its wedge-shape front end. But then Indonesian Railways had a history of unusual GE models, such as the U18A1A, the subject of a separate current thread. Before that, in the mid-1950s, its CC200 class was a specialized variant of GE’s then quasi-standard Alco 12-244-engined shovel-nose export design. In this case it was a lengthened, double-cab version, with the triple-truck C-2-C wheel arrangement. That was done to reduce axle loading, with the idea that the centre truck could be removed at some future date following appropriate track upgrading, although as far as I know that never happened.

Cheers,
 #1468884  by Ronal U18C Indonesia

Pneudyne wrote:Here are some pages from the operating manual for the GE U20C, Indonesia CC203 class.
GE GEJ-6772 fc.gif
GE GEJ-6772 fp.i.gif
GE GEJ-6772 p.03.gif
On the title page, GE highlighted the fact that it was fitted with the 26L braking system. In this case, it was the three-pipe (Australasian terminology) version, which I think was not common in the USA, where the four-pipe universal version was mostly used. First user of the 26L outside of North America was New Zealand Railways (NZR), in 1961, with the three-pipe version. (But for various reasons it went on to use the four-pipe and four-pipe universal versions in some cases.)

The Indonesian version of the U20C was unusual with its wedge-shape front end. But then Indonesian Railways had a history of unusual GE models, such as the U18A1A, the subject of a separate current thread. Before that, in the mid-1950s, its CC200 class was a specialized variant of GE’s then quasi-standard Alco 12-244-engined shovel-nose export design. In this case it was a lengthened, double-cab version, with the triple-truck C-2-C wheel arrangement. That was done to reduce axle loading, with the idea that the centre truck could be removed at some future date following appropriate track upgrading, although as far as I know that never happened.

Cheers,
Match isn't yes if GEU20C or CC203 applied a Leslie RS44 horn type, because I am very bored a Wabco AA-2 horn type