Railroad Forums 

• Perkinsville, NY Depot to be Razed (DL&W)

• Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.
Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.

Moderator: blockline4180

#1247994  by charlie6017

In my email this morning from the "Erie Lackawanna Yahoo Group":
Sandy Booth who lives in Perkinsville, NY gave me permission to post.
"I understand the old DL&W depot in Perkinsville, NY will be razed soon. A good portion of the roof has already collapsed in. Just thought I'd make note here in case anyone was interested in seeing it one last time. So sad..."

I asked her about someone saving it, and she said " I guess not, I heard the town paperwork has gone through for demolition."

Thought I should post here, am curious if anyone else has heard this. Anyone? No one has yet reported on it.

Josh Stull
Nicholson, PA
Anyone here hear of this happening? If this is true, you may want to get your photos of this before she's gone! :-(

Here is a link to the TrainWeb page of the depot with a photo from 1999.

Charlie
 #1274720  by john56

That is sad. I've been watching the slow decline of that station for over 20 years. What's even more distressing is watching what's happening to the DL&W station in Atlanta , just to the east of Perkinsville. It's a beautiful station but in the early stages of demolition by neglect, missing windows for years etc. But then if you have ever driven through that town..... Guess I shouldn't be surprised by a lack of community pride in the one building in that town that should and could easily be saved.
 #1423770  by Otto Vondrak

Found out that Perkinsville station was demolished on Friday, March 10. Someone was trying to purchase it and make repairs, but the town got to it first.

-otto-