Railroad Forums 

• Trackage Rights/Burning off Mileage

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1522390  by Statkowski

BR&P wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:04 pmIs there any good source for pics of that area back then, a book maybe, or local library?
Few and far between, unfortunately. What received the attention was the Main Line activity, not some backwoods branch up in the hills - nothing glamorous about that, especially when it was a branch of a branch.

The New York Central historical group's "Headlights" had an article a few years back on Beech Creek District operations. Don't know about the Baltimore & Ohio's historical group doing anything on their Buffalo, Rochester & Pittsburgh local operations.

But, like you said, it is a fascinating topic not normally discussed.
 #1522476  by charlie6017

BR&P wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:04 pm
And if somebody wants to contact an Admin and have this spun off to a separate thread either in the PA railfan or in the NYC section, that's fine with me, just leave a post saying where it was moved to. I think this topic could develop legs of its own in the proper location.
I created a new thread for the discussion in the NYC forum and also PM'ed the moderator requesting him to split off the posts to
the newly created thread. :wink:

https://www.railroad.net/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=170452