Railroad Forums 

• Proviso Yard: Contact Info Please

• Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.
Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.

Moderator: Komachi

#831113  by perpster

Hello. I am trying to contact someone who posted as "FlangeSqueal" in the comments section of this color photo of Proviso Yard from December 1942: http://www.shorpy.com/node/295

He or she offered a tour of the yard to anyone interested. I will be travelling to Chicago in a month and would like to take him/her up on the offer. However, I have no way of contacting them. I have tried unsuccessfully to get a phone number for the Yard office, and I don't have an email address for the person or yard, either. I will be on a very short and tight schedule while in Chicago, and will need to make contact with FlangeSqueal to book the appropriate flight and hotel dates.

The comment says to "stop by East 5 Yard Office any day except Sunday or Monday and ask for me." Does anyone have any idea or information on contacting FlangeSqueal and/or the Proviso Yard office directly?

Thank you!

BTW, the Shorpy website has a whole Railroad section with large-format (most of picture is in focus) photos from the mid-1800's to the 1950's. Very cool.