Railroad Forums 

• Unpainted C&NW units.

• Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.
Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.

Moderator: Komachi

#563425  by UPRR engineer

Changed the title of your post there dude. Didnt know quite what you ment, i believe alot of there motors are still being used, i get one about every month thats been painted. As far as the ones that havent been painted yet... but have been patched theres still a hand full.
 #564346  by nssd70

C44-9W 8646 and 8701 are the only unpatched CNW units left. There are still some patched units around.

Doug
 #565165  by nssd70

CNW C44-9W 8646 and 8701 are unpatched. They usually can be found in Iowa and Illinois.

Doug
 #565994  by UPRR engineer

CNW 8646 8701 C44-9W 2
Guess there are two still, skipped right over it when i looked at the roster.
 #600029  by Tadman

I don't know the status anymore, but there was a set powering coal trains that would come through Lawrence, KS, with a UP unit leading, and a trailing CNW unit (patched) with a SP unit (patched) providing DPU at the rear. Omaha didn't know it but we got our own heritage units every week out here... I haven't seen that set together for a while, although there's a few SP (patched) GE's that make it through on coal trains now and then.