Railroad Forums 

• Surviving Route Rock Truck Trailer, Covered Hopper

• Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.
Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.

Moderator: Komachi

#1466824  by blackbearford

Used for storage on the south side against the building at Lewis General Tires @ 3870 West Henrietta Rd Rochester (Henrietta), NY 14623. Photo documentation is on my to-do list.
Also caught this covered hopper eastbound on CSX, Rochester NY 1/5/17 looking quite sharp for its age. Sorry about the trees.. had to take what I could get as it was on the move. At least the trailer never moves!
Attachments:
B7DA2B67-EF0C-44C8-A064-27E3A86BCC77.png
B7DA2B67-EF0C-44C8-A064-27E3A86BCC77.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 4237 times
 #1467160  by blackbearford

Well I finally got around to that side of town and of course, the trailer isn’t there anymore. There’s a different one (not RI); container on chassis. There’s also some kind of pipe coming out of the building into the trailer. Hopefully the Rock Island unit goes to get swapped somewhere and makes a return. I don’t know what this contraption does but I’ll ask our tire guy next time I see him as we do business with them frequently.