Railroad Forums 

• What is your Favorite BN locomotive?

• Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
 #73711  by AmtrakFan

What is your Favorite BN Locomotive? I would say my favorites would be the SD70MAC I like that paint better then the Warbonnets and the SD40-2 I grew up with those in the 90's on the BN 3 Track Chicago to Aurora main pulling 14K unit coal train I can still hear those in my sleep I miss those days :(

AmtrakFan

#74194  by SRS125

I always had a thing for them green and cream color BN SD60M's that they had. I also loved them Tigers that they had as well.

#75533  by emd_SD_60

a green and white SD60M, with the two-piece windshields to boot. :-D

#77037  by CN_Hogger

"White Face" SD40-2 all the way. Well, anything beats seeing nothing but Punkin' Dash 9's....

#81365  by Engineer Spike

I likerd the GP28 rebuilds, as well as the 39 rebuilds. They had the old cab layout, plus they were new. The cabs were not so beat up like the 38's and real 39's. Sometimes we would get a set for road power, if there were no larger units available. One time I got a grain train out of LaCrosse. We had a B23, GP30, GP39 rebuild, and a GP38.

#248708  by Bucyrus6150

I like the "white face" SD40-2s, and the SD60Ms with the 3-piece windshield. Also like any with the tiger stripes.

#249873  by TB Diamond

Enjoyed running the old SDP40 and SDP45 units which still had their steam generator controls intact (but the steam generators had been removed).

#250116  by GN 599

The SD-9's.

#252201  by BurlingtonSD45/U23C

My favorites are the F-Units, SD60MAC's, U30C's & GP38's.

#407665  by Benjamin Maggi

High-nosed GP7s and GP9s all the way. In their green paint with flashy white stripes... it is a perfect marriage of something old and something new!

#443433  by Tadman

classic cascade green, number on long hood, logo under cab, grn/wht stripes on the front. White face and tiger stripes are messing with a good thing. I was also a fan of the SD70MAC order in dgle/cream

#508968  by Death Star

any and all actually. I am a big BN fan. Born in 1988 so I grew up right around the time of the BN/SF merger. I remember my brother (before the merger) taking me diwn to the train tracks as I nothing but pure cascade green locomotives! Long live the Burlington Northern!