Railroad Forums 

• CB&Q Chicago Stations

• Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
 #826865  by JohnD1

I notice from Rand McNally railroad maps, and from looking out the window as I commute into Chicago, that there were a number of in-city stations. I cannot find out any information about them. Aside from going to the Chicago Historical Society and pawing through their archives, does anybody have any information about these stations? And even pictures?
 #904282  by Desertdweller

John,

You might want to check the "Chicagoland Commuter" heading elsewhere on this site.

I used to travel on Q intercity trains between Minneapolis and Chicago, and Chicago and Denver quite a bit in the late 60's and early 70's. As you are aware, the "Land of the Burlingtons" stretched between Union Station Chicago and Aurora, Il.

You might also want to check with the CB&Q Historical Society.

If you can find a copy of Pat Dorin's "Everywhere West, the Burlington Route", it has a chapter devoted to commuter operations that has station photos in it.

Les
 #934632  by Engineer Spike

I don't know if you are talking about any terminal used before C.U.S., but in the last 70 years or so I would have to say that Chicago stations would be Union Station, Hallsted, and Western Avenue.
 #934737  by CarterB