Railroad Forums 

• BN GP50's

• Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
 #750821  by ItaliDe

I just recently got into BN... i think the GP50's paint scheme is awesome!!! So much better than the standard BN paint scheme. i'd like to get a few in HO scale. Aside from the Athearn one, does anyone else make a BN Geep50? or is anyone good at custom painting this paint scheme?
 #934635  by Engineer Spike

I believe that Athearn is the only model manufacturer of the GP50, beside a possible brass run. Some years ago, Model Railroader had an article about building one of the units with the extended cabs. These were an experiment in having a full crew in the cab, so the caboose could be eliminated.
 #1206064  by Engineer Spike

MR had an article about kit bashing the extended cab. They cut back the nose, then joined parts of two cabs together.