Railroad Forums 

• Northern Pacific Passenger Schemes`

• Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
 #201067  by Tadman

I recently found an Atlas HO gauge NP diner painted dark green w/ yellow/red stripe at the waist. Is there any historical prototype for this, or was this a figment of someone's imagination at Atlas? I always recall seeing the two-tone green Loewy scheme, but not this green/yellow/red.
 #232972  by bill haithcoat

Actually, that sounds vaguely familiar.

Truth is, a lot of railroads experimented with color schemes early in the game, schemes which may have appeared only on one or two trains, locos,etc and then not used again. Nothing unusual about that.

I will see if I can finid anything out about it tonight and post it tomorrow, unless somebody beats me to it.
 #233314  by bill haithcoat

The color for the original streamlined version of the NCL was "drab"olive green with a gold /yellow stripe.

Seems close to what you saw but not exactly the same. What little info I dug up did not prove it conclusively either way, so hopefully somebody else will help out.