Railroad Forums 

• Frisco Fans: Seen This?

• Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
 #1376772  by Gilbert B Norman

http://www.ci.frisco.tx.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder what in the way of royalties this Texas municipality pays to BNSF for the use of their trademark property?

I'm not certain to what extent Mr. Buffet is agressive in this area, but as many a modeler knows, the UP certainly is.
 #1376997  by mtuandrew

I visited that city a couple years back to tour the Museum of the American Railroad collection, on a press junket funded by the Frisco Tourism Board (I forget their exact name.) Anyway, I seem to remember them getting a one-time license from BNSF to use the coonskin logo as the city's logo too, as long as they make no ownership claims. It helps that the city plays up its railroad heritage strongly, and has been an excellent partner to the railway.