Railroad Forums 

• Status Of CB&Q Zephyr Sets In Saudi Arabia??

• Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
 #1283186  by Death Star

What are the current status of the "Train Of The Gods" Zephyr set and the other Zephyr sets that are currently in Saudi Arabia? What actually got sold to Saudi Arabia?? I know most or the entire "Gods" traain got sold and I heard another complete set and various other Zephyr got sold too. Also, what are the chances of them returing to home rails? I heard there was one attempt to get at leat the "Gods" train back tho the US. THe Saudi government was even ready to donate the train to the IRM. Unfortunalty the person trying to get the train back passed and no more was heard of this. Can anyone confirm this story?