Railroad Forums 

• Ayer - Greenville, Nh. Branch

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#1426377  by arthur d.

More trivia; The West Groton station is featured in the Brendan Fraser film "School Ties", as is Arthurs diner in Lowell. Don't blink or you'll miss them.
 #1426385  by The EGE

I think you might be thinking instead of the former Leominster station on the Fitchburg Secondary, which still has the fake signage used:

#1428570  by NashuaActon&Boston

arthur d. wrote:No I'm not. Watch the movie.
9:00 minutes into the movie, the station depicted in School Ties is without question NOT the West Groton, MA depot. Is this the scene you are referring to?
The station in the film does look like Leominster on the Agricultural to me. The West Groton depot has been gone for a very long time and wasn't much of a structure to begin with. See photo. West Groton is still rural today. Incidentally, I remember School Ties being filmed at Middlesex School in 1992, quite a few friends of mine got hired as extras. Apparently at age 14 I couldn't be bothered.. :-D
Attachments:
WestGroton.jpg
WestGroton.jpg (153.93 KiB) Viewed 4651 times
 #1428687  by arthur d.

We're both wrong. Its the Clover farms store just across the road from the station site in W. Groton. It appears around 7:32, wearing a sign that reads "Cabot Mass." note too the crossbuck. As long as I can remember, it has worn a W. Groton station sign, thus my confusion. Also check the location credits at imdb.com. Quite a list of locations in Massachusetts, among them West Groton..