Railroad Forums 

• Maine Central MOW Gang Sleeper Cook cars

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#1448164  by Safetee

Back in the 1960s I'm guessing, the Bangor and Aroostook sold one or more of its 1937 osgood bradley light weight passenger cars to the Maine Central. The Maine Central took one or more of these cars and rebuilt them into MOW crew cars painting them in the MEC green and gold at the time.
I have four questions:
1) How many of these cars still survive?
2) When what year did MEC buy the cars?
3) Where did they rebuild them, waterville?
4) When did MEC stop using this type of travelling mow gang cars?

Ohh you have lots of patience, just one more question
what is the precise name of the mec bluish green and its yellow highlight color?
 #1448219  by jwhite07

The gold color is most often referred to as "Harvest Yellow" and the green "Pine Tree Green". I have also seen reference to the green actually being Dartmouth Green, a tribute to MEC President E. Spencer Miller's alma mater.
 #1448231  by Safetee

thanks thats great. I thought i had heard of pine tree green but never dartmouth green.and harvest yellow I like that too. Now can you tell me where i can get the right mix info to duplicate those colors in order to paint a 89 foot passenger car?