Railroad Forums 

• Photo location help please

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#1445766  by nydepot

Where in Fremont NH was this shot taken? It appears the lumber company is gone. I couldn't make out any clues in Google Maps. Thanks.

Charles
img307.jpg
 #1445808  by arthur d.

Right where the line crossed rte 107. I believe the brick structure still exists.
If you go to google maps, zoom in on Fremont public library, Find Jackie Bernier drive or whatever it is, and you'll find a street view of that brick building.
 #1446764  by b&m 1566

Click here to see the present day photos of it. The glare of the sun doesn't help but as mentioned already the building is still standing.
 #1447578  by eustis22

There is an old rr xing sign on that road. Saw it in the dark while doing some craigslisting in Fremont. I mean to go check it out. WN&P?
 #1447727  by b&m 1566

Hux wrote:Ok, so this shot is looking south.
Yes the pictures is facing south. Jackie Bernier Dr. would be to the left of the engines.
 #1450246  by arthur d.

eustis22 wrote:There is an old rr xing sign on that road. Saw it in the dark while doing some craigslisting in Fremont. I mean to go check it out. WN&P?
You might be thinking of Martin road. There was a cross buck there at Peterson's farm for years.
Yes, this was the WN&P.
Shortly after the state established the trail, I rode it with a mountain bike. For some reason I remember the ROW going around the other side of the station. Maybe I'm thinking of Sandown. Any rate, I snapped a photo of the station recently and will post it as soon as I figure out how.