Railroad Forums 

• MEC Pulpwood cars

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#1439948  by nydepot

I have a model of a SEICO pulpwood car, road number 7535. I've searched high and low for a photo of a car like it (including several Morning Sun books). I can't even find a roster that includes this number or series on it. Is this a foobie or fantasy car and not based on a real MEC car? The car data on the model shows a 1974 date.

Thanks,

Charles
 #1440207  by Pat Fahey

Hi Charlies
I just looked at my Offical Railway Equipment Register of Jan 1978, and the Maine Central Pulpwood cars in the 7500 series.
The series started at 7550 to 7589, they were A.A.R car type code LO-26, the car that you are looking for is not listed as a Maine Central pulpwood car.
And the name SEICO is not listed in the private ownership cars in the book. I hope this some sort of help.
 #1441191  by Steve Wagner

I believe SIECO (Southern Iron & Equipment Company or Corporation) was the builder of one of the pulpwood cars modeled by Walthers (as well as a type of boxcar modeled by Athearn, perhaps initially in the Genesis line, correctly decorated for the Boston & Maine, Bay Colony and several other roads).