Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #87608  by gawlikfj

The Classiest Car ever to ride the Valley Railroad tracks in Connecticut is the " Brannon ".
It was built by the B&O in 1897 at their MT.Clare shops in Baltimore,now home of the famous B&O Transportation Museum.
The car from front to back has a Galley,a bathroom,a shower,a dining room,two bedrooms,and a observation lounge.
The car served various presidents & superintendents of the B&O over the years.After being replaced with a steel car in 1913 (the Brannon is of wood construction)served lessor B&O officials.It was modernized with steel underframe,crash posts,&side sheeting. It was last assigned to the Pittsburg Division. It was retired by the B&O in 1961 after a remarkable 64 years of service. The "Sherry Lynette Brannon 907 is at the Connecticut Valley Railroad in Essex CT.
 #88390  by Passenger Extra

I was told once that the 902 was Dan Willard's car when it showed up back home one day in the late 50's. Any body know if thats true and whatever became of it. It was in A-1 condition then, freshly shopped and painted.
 #136749  by rdgrailfan

Members of the Yahoo group indicate that the tail car from the Royal Blue is the car used as a sandwich shop. car # 3301

"Diner is tail car from the 1938 Royal Blue set. THe
combine is one of the cars from the 1946 Cincinnatian.

I compared the photos that Brian sent and due to the window
arrangement I believe the car that he referred to as a diner is
really Z-1A 3301.
> Anything further?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Baltimore_and_Ohio/
 #171364  by HV4005

The Hocking Valley Scenic Railway Owns 4 B&O Coaches - Combines
B&O Camp Car X-4574 rebuilt from a Coach. Restored from 2000 - 2003
sister car smaller of the two is camp car???? light green in color. Combine X4072 rebuilt in 1975 in columbus Ohio. Came from Cass Scenic.

Anybody with more information please contact me......
 #1230011  by mmi16

rdgrailfan wrote:Members of the Yahoo group indicate that the tail car from the Royal Blue is the car used as a sandwich shop. car # 3301

"Diner is tail car from the 1938 Royal Blue set. THe
combine is one of the cars from the 1946 Cincinnatian.

I compared the photos that Brian sent and due to the window
arrangement I believe the car that he referred to as a diner is
really Z-1A 3301.
> Anything further?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Baltimore_and_Ohio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thomas W. Dixon's book 'Baltimore and Ohio's Cincinnatian' published in 2008 indicates that Combination Baggage/Lounge car #1308 Hyde Park was retired in 1964 and sold to the Coach Inn in Fort Washington, PA