Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.

#5652  by dkgrubb

There is a B&O observation car near the main line at Hyndman, PA.

#6076  by Otto Vondrak

We have a B&O heavyweight baggage car we use for tool storage and as a workshop at the Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum. Plans are to paint it in the late Royal Blue scheme as time and funds permit.
http://rochnrhs.org/rgvrrm_about.html

#7522  by Schuylkill Valley

Theres a B&O coach at Strasburg Railroad and one at the former Blue Mountain & Reading Railroad in Hamburg, Pa.

Len.
 #10073  by moonlight

I happen to own B&O 7600 MOONLIGHT DOME. The car is currently at Avalon Rail in West Allis, WI.

SUNLIGHT DOME is currently at Gateway Rail (formerly IL Transit Assembly) outside St. Louis.

STARLIGHT DOME is in Southern California.

#17611  by LI Loco

Central New York Chapter of NRHS owns a former B&O baggage / buffet / chair car that they keep at the New York State Fairgrounds just outside Syracuse.

#25131  by RBMN-ENGR.

There is a heavyweight baggage car in the Buffalo & Pittsburgh's Riker yard. Looks like it's being used for storage. Still in the B&O passenger colors, although very faded and rusty.

#27212  by dkgrubb

There is an old B&O Alco S4 diesel switcher at Cass, WEst Virginia, it was B&O #470, Chessie #9010, and South Branch Valley Railroad # 17. It's sister, B&O #469 is also there, albiet it a SBVRR paint scheme. Both are deteriorating and neglected.

#30886  by The Rising

Speaking of the former B&O heavywieght in Hamburg, Does anybody know who owns it?
 #41818  by dave_van

Opequon still is in revenue service for AOE I think it is now named Washington
 #57190  by rdgrailfan

In Fort Washington PA (outside Philadelphia) a Subway Hogie shop operates with two B&O heavyweights that were placed there in the late 60"S. Just an FYI I have no information on these cars, appear to be in nice shape overall, some modifications to them. I do remember them at a siding near the Reading Company station, then they were towed down the street on flat beds and placed at the then Coach Inn . Was three now only two!
 #62848  by jhdeasy

moonlight wrote:I happen to own B&O 7600 MOONLIGHT DOME. The car is currently at Avalon Rail in West Allis, WI.

Private car MOONLIGHT DOME arrived Philadelphia 30th Street Station on Amtrak # 40, The Three Rivers, on Sunday 10/24/2004, having traversed former B&O mileage in Indiana and Ohio.

Car is currently parked on track 30 at Penn Coach Yard. It departs on Amtrak Regional # 67 for Washington on Thursday 10/28, then onward to Charlotte on #79, The Carolinian, later that morning.

#63940  by Trainheartedguy

Ex B&O F7-A #293A (#4553 after 1957), is now MARC #7100. Converted to an APCU recently, is used by MARC commuter as a cab on the Brunswick line and NEC. I have seen her many times. below is some info

http://www.trainweb.org/csxrailfan/nov9 ... c7100.html
 #77400  by Passenger Extra

moonlight wrote:I happen to own B&O 7600 MOONLIGHT DOME. The car is currently at Avalon Rail in West Allis, WI.

SUNLIGHT DOME is currently at Gateway Rail (formerly IL Transit Assembly) outside St. Louis.

STARLIGHT DOME is in Southern California.

STARLIGHT DOME or SANTA FE PLAZA, has been seen several times on the Coast Starlight. I suspect it was SANTA FE PLAZA, however, last I heard STARLIGHT DOME was either not roadworthy or under reconstruction.

PX
 #79118  by Passenger Extra

dave_van wrote:Opequon still is in revenue service for AOE I think it is now named Washington
I rode AOE last year, Opequon is indeed in one of their consists renamed Monte Carlo. That car was originally assigned to the Cap, but also saw few miles on 19 & 20 and may have even been on 1 & 2 for a while.