Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #966446  by NS VIA FAN

I was scanning some slides the other evening and came across these two.....C&O Business Cars #15 and #25.....are they still around? They’re on the end of CN’s Halifax-Montreal “Scotian” at Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec in July 1972.

I was on this train. The previous evening when we stopped at Oxford Jct., Nova Scotia a CN switcher met us and attached the two cars to the rear of the Scotian. C&O Chairman Cyrus Eaton was returning to Cleveland from his summer home here.

During the servicing stop in Riviere-du-Loup the next morning, I walked back for a couple of shots and Mr. Eaton, out on the platform immediately spotted me as a railfan and we had a short conversation.....a very personable fellow!