Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #854429  by irishtruckmen

I was looking for info on a rumor i heard about a em1 being lost in transit ? Any and all info is welcome please.
thanks john
 #857093  by hutton_switch

There are many folklore stories about the EM-1's, but this is the first time I've heard this one. Sorry, don't mean to be sarcastic, but for as much attention/publicity as these locomotives got and continue to get, I can definitely say that all 30 EM-1's are now lost to the ages.
 #1048888  by mmi16

If I recollect correctly, the EM-1's were built by Baldwin with Baldwin being located at Eddystone, PA and having trackage directly connected to the B&O. Can't see any way a locomotive could be lost in transit.
 #1049020  by R,N, Nelson

As Wade posted, it is pure folklore. The siding to the B&O main enabled delivery, as the locomotives were completed, directly to the B&O under steam, using B&O personnel.

Norman