Wilson Creek Branch?

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
Aa3rt

Wilson Creek Branch?

Post by Aa3rt » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:46 pm

Is anyone familiar with the "Wilson Creek Branch" of the B&O? A friend recently came into possession of a 1915 copy of a bridge inspection report for this branch but has no other information. I checked a couple of Official Guides (from 1947 & 1968) but could find no mention of this line. Is anyone familiar with it?
Art Audley, AA3RT
Moderator: Railroad Radio & Communications, Railroads in Books, Magazines, Music, TV and other Media, General Discussion: Fallen Trolley & Interurban Lines, General Discussion: Shortline, Industrial & Military Railroads,

BaltOhio

Post by BaltOhio » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:21 am

Wilson Creek was on a short branch off the S&C (Johnstown) branch at Rockwood, PA. Probably served a coal mine. I have no idea when it was built or abandoned.

Malley

Post by Malley » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:33 pm

I know where it came off the S&C just a little north of Rockwood, but there is virtually nothing left.
A long time gone, near as I can tell.
Malley

mmi16

Re: Wilson Creek Branch?

Post by mmi16 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:23 pm

CSX for the past several years has been servicing a coal mine on the S&C Sub that is known to operations as 'Wilson Creek'. I don't know if this is on the original Wilson Creek Branch or not.
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Return to “Baltimore & Ohio/Chesapeake & Ohio/Western Maryland”