Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #1068813  by iceman977th

I've been reading a couple of articles in reference to a B&O line from Charleston north to Gassaway and farther on. I've been reading more and more (after discovering the news on the CBC&S railroad development) plus I never really knew there was a railbed there. So a couple of questions...

1. North of Blue Creek, where did the B&O line run to? Is this the same line that ran north to Burnsville (owned by the now-defunct Elk River RR) and beyond?

2. Where did the B&O south of Cowen go? I haven't found much info except that it ran to Charleston as well...

3. Did the B&O happen to own a line south of Clarksburg paralleling the the current I-79 path? I drove through this weekend and notice apparent ROW paths along with a couple railroad bridges, and can't find out if these are B&O or perhaps the NYC line to Charleston...