Railroad Forums 

Discussion about Florida passenger rail operations including proposals. Official web-sites:
Miami/Dade Metrorail, Sunrail (Orlando), and Tri-County Commuter Rail Authority
For Virgin Rail/Brightline: Virgin Trains Worldwide (includes Brightline)

Moderator: Kurt-Trirail

#612250  by Kurt-Trirail

Thought you fellows would enjoy this:

Just got it in today. Paid through the nose for it, but I got it nevertheless. Still has the stock (and incorrect) silver undercarraige and trucks - that will be attended to in good time, along with the plow.

Also thought I would post a photo of it with the IHP F40PHL-2, though the IHP model remains an example of my cheap modeling abilities of 5 years ago (and a disastrous set of decals which flaked off). I intend to re-do it properly in the upcoming future, but I am hesitant to do so until I can locate someone who can produce a quick run of the tri-stripe and squiggle logos. Might swap to an Atlas GP38-2 chassis as well - the Athearn drive always ran like crap.

Take care,

-Kurt
 #616169  by Kurt-Trirail

Nice picture.

It's a shame that Microscale does not offer the earlier decal scheme - I would love to stretch the back end of an undecorated Walthers F40 to match the new CAT generator carbody extension that 810 and 811 presently have.

-Kurt
 #680767  by Kurt-Trirail

P.S.: I am gradually fixing up IHP-shell #802, once and for all - not done, of course. Excuse the center and front sections of the decal - they're still smoothing themselves with Micro Sol.

Sloppy job, but effective - and considering the state of the model, there is not sufficient reason to put significant effort into it.

I'll kitbash my own F40PHL-2 shell next time around. The IHP shell - with all due respect to Mike - is on the short side in comparison to the prototype.

-Kurt
 #739789  by JerseyShore16

Know where any N scale stuff is? I purchased a set from Tri-Rail that came with 2 coaches and a cab car a bit ago but am really having trouble finding power for it
 #740623  by Kurt-Trirail

JerseyShore16 wrote:Know where any N scale stuff is? I purchased a set from Tri-Rail that came with 2 coaches and a cab car a bit ago but am really having trouble finding power for it
You'll have to paint an existing model - nothing out there at present.

-Kurt