Railroad Forums 

Discussion about Florida passenger rail operations including proposals. Official web-sites:
Miami/Dade Metrorail, Sunrail (Orlando), and Tri-County Commuter Rail Authority
For Virgin Rail/Brightline: Virgin Trains Worldwide (includes Brightline)

Moderator: Kurt-Trirail

#564567  by livesteamer

Okay folks,

During the winter, I asked about transfer from Palm Beach International to Miami International. Plans have changed somewhat and I will be staying in hotel near the American Airlines Arena/Bayshore Marketplace and the Port of Miami. Looks like I can take TriRail to Miami and transfer to Metrorail and then transfer to a free transit shuttle system that seems to circle the downtown area.

Am I on the right track? And, is the fare on weekends only a couple of bucks as their website indicates?
 #566713  by Noel Weaver

livesteamer wrote:Okay folks,

During the winter, I asked about transfer from Palm Beach International to Miami International. Plans have changed somewhat and I will be staying in hotel near the American Airlines Arena/Bayshore Marketplace and the Port of Miami. Looks like I can take TriRail to Miami and transfer to Metrorail and then transfer to a free transit shuttle system that seems to circle the downtown area.

Am I on the right track? And, is the fare on weekends only a couple of bucks as their website indicates?
You are on the right track but the Tri-Rail fare on weekends for non seniors is $4.00 and $2.00 for seniors etc.
Service is generally every two hours in each direction on weekends.
Noel Weaver
 #583138  by livesteamer

Okay folks,

I am only a couple of weeks from heading to Palm Beach---any changes I need to be concerned about--is there a fall schedule ready for publication --can I expect the weekend schedule to be what I see on the Tri-Rail website? Thanks
 #596552  by livesteamer

Finally made it to Florida for our trip and I found Tri-Rail/MetroRail system to be an acceptable means of transfering to the Port of Miami from West Palm Beach airport. By flying into West Palm Beach from Kansas City, I saved more than $450/ticket. The $4.00 fare and relative ease of the transfer from West Palm Beach Airport to the TriRail station on Palm Tran worked well. If there is a down side to the process--just not enough weekend service. We managed to miss the southbound and northbound trains by 15 minutes causing an hour and 45 minute wait. And, on Saturday I did not see a single CSX train on the move. In fact, the only other traffic on the line was the opposite direction TriRail.