Railroad Forums 

Discussion about Florida passenger rail operations including proposals. Official web-sites:
Miami/Dade Metrorail, Sunrail (Orlando), and Tri-County Commuter Rail Authority
For Virgin Rail/Brightline: Virgin Trains Worldwide (includes Brightline)

Moderator: Kurt-Trirail

#538762  by ApproachMedium

Tomorrow if I have some time I will be doing some video editing. Just got home from my model railroad club and got some nice shots of the engine with the working marker and ditch lights. Also did some video clips. Hopefully I can compile them into a single video to share with you all soon.

#538774  by darkcurves

Woohoo!! Cant wait for it, there isnt much video on Tri-Rail models on the net even though they are sold out almost instantly. I am thinking of getting another set of Tri-Rail coaches, anyone knows where it's still available?

#538927  by darkcurves

Very nice video, the loco looks great with marker lights. Was it easy to install DCC decoder in this loco? I heard it's not DCC ready.
 #576930  by BlockLine_4111

I saw an operational HO model at the club inside the Deerfield Beach depot last month. They ran it in push and pull modes on a nice sized layout.

Re:

#582185  by Kurt-Trirail

darkcurves wrote:Interesting, i never knew Walthers released F40PH in Tri-Rail colours. Oddly, i have never seen it on any layouts, videos and photos before. Kurt, do you still remember the exact year it was released?

Walthers
2000/2001, if I recall correctly. Delivered with an incorrect silver chassis as one would have found on the as-delivered F40PHL-2's, but numbered correctly for the ex-Amtrak units which never wore the early variant of the original scheme.

-Kurt
 #582244  by darkcurves

Yeah, i wouldnt mind getting one no matter how crappy the quality is. Btw, recently i had my Kato F40PH repainted to Tri-Rail loco. It's not exactly like the prototype plus some of the paint has chipped off during shipping.

I bought the one with the marker light, not the Amtrak version:

#617471  by Kaback9

Great Video! I really like what you have done with the cab car, I hope my NJT MLs come out that great, once I start that project.
 #617479  by ApproachMedium

Kaback9 wrote:Great Video! I really like what you have done with the cab car, I hope my NJT MLs come out that great, once I start that project.
Thanks, keep in mind I didnt do any of the work on these. A friend of mine who runs a professional DCC installation business did it for me.