Railroad Forums 

Discussion about Florida passenger rail operations including proposals. Official web-sites:
Miami/Dade Metrorail, Sunrail (Orlando), and Tri-County Commuter Rail Authority
For Virgin Rail/Brightline: Virgin Trains Worldwide (includes Brightline)

Moderator: Kurt-Trirail

#27120  by Kurt-Trirail

Just a quick update for you all - the Colorado Railcar DMU is back at Tri-Rail, and is assigned to trains P610 and P613.

It might take a few weeks until you see it - grapevine says it was encountering some mechanical difficulties.

Take care,

Kurt
Last edited by Kurt-Trirail on Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #33467  by jtbell

Kurt-Trirail wrote:the Colorado Railcar DMU is back at Tri-Rail, and is assigned to trains P610 and P613.
Heh. I was in Fort Lauderdale for a while in May but couldn't remember which trains the DMU had been assigned to. So I spent a few days checking out most of the morning trains, hoping to see it. Without any luck, of course. Then I got home, opened the Railpace magazine that had arrived in the meantime, found a picture of it in New Jersey, and realized that it was probably still on tour. :-P

Maybe I'll pay a return visit later this summer. Is Tri-Rail antsy about photographers now? I didn't have any trouble in May but I didn't try to take many pictures anyway. I did notice attendants or security guards at the stations that I visited, so I made sure to buy a ticket each time, and actually ride somewhere, even if it was only a short distance.

#33506  by 262

The place I railfan the Miami Sub is Flamingo Park,take the street the Ft.Lauderdale Station is on south about a mile,go under Davie Blvd.overpass take the left by trailer park,continue south park is on the right before road dead ends at marina.You can see New River Draw Span to the south.There is a Library west on Davie Blvd. at Riverland Rd.(SW 27th.Ave.you can get Tri-Rail timetable there.There is no water at the park so bring your own.
 #706164  by Noel Weaver

jtbell wrote:
Kurt-Trirail wrote:the Colorado Railcar DMU is back at Tri-Rail, and is assigned to trains P610 and P613.
Heh. I was in Fort Lauderdale for a while in May but couldn't remember which trains the DMU had been assigned to. So I spent a few days checking out most of the morning trains, hoping to see it. Without any luck, of course. Then I got home, opened the Railpace magazine that had arrived in the meantime, found a picture of it in New Jersey, and realized that it was probably still on tour. :-P

Maybe I'll pay a return visit later this summer. Is Tri-Rail antsy about photographers now? I didn't have any trouble in May but I didn't try to take many pictures anyway. I did notice attendants or security guards at the stations that I visited, so I made sure to buy a ticket each time, and actually ride somewhere, even if it was only a short distance.
The three car DMU set went north Thursday, August 13th on train P-632 I believe it was. It was moving right along and
looking good.
Noel Weaver
 #730258  by ApproachMedium

I rode tri rail today for the first time and was talking to the conductor about the DMU train. He said it was still running but a few days ago it crapped out along with two other trains. Apparently theres alot of propulsion issues with the train but everything else seems to be nice. But you people live here, you already know that hahah.
 #731553  by Kurt-Trirail

ApproachMedium wrote:I rode tri rail today for the first time and was talking to the conductor about the DMU train. He said it was still running but a few days ago it crapped out along with two other trains. Apparently theres alot of propulsion issues with the train but everything else seems to be nice. But you people live here, you already know that hahah.
There are two DMU sets, not one "DMU train."

-Kurt