Railroad Forums 

Discussion about Florida passenger rail operations including proposals. Official web-sites:
Miami/Dade Metrorail, Sunrail (Orlando), and Tri-County Commuter Rail Authority
For Virgin Rail/Brightline: Virgin Trains Worldwide (includes Brightline)

Moderator: Kurt-Trirail

#1448777  by CentralValleyRail

What's interesting is they also posted a video on May 16th as well as the October 19th video, so it seems like they must be getting close to an in service date.

It is MUCH NEEDED!
 #1448841  by Noel Weaver

I rode Metro-Rail a couple of weeks ago and i agree that the cars are getting somewhat shabby BUT the ride was comfortable, the cars rode well, the AC was working fine in both directions. I would bet a little more TLC would go a long way in the life of these cars. A good rebuilding would go a long way for the riders of this line, I have my doubts that the cars really need to be replaced at this point. OH WELL, my opinion means absolutely nothing to them anyway.
Noel Weaver
 #1450487  by SD70ACe-T4

tommyboy6181 wrote:The Hitachi cars are officially testing on the mainline tracks now. Miami-Dade County posted a video to the first test.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/GoMiamiDade/videos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ITS FINALLY COMING TRUE!
 #1455485  by dowlingm

Hitachi Rail Italy = the artist formerly known as Ansaldo Breda, no? Hopefully the manufacturing/QA philosophy is a bit more Japanese these days.
 #1457775  by R36 Combine Coach

hephaestus wrote:Did Baltimore piggyback from the Miami contract?
Baltimore Metro will have new cars as well, just like the two agencies did back in 1983-84 from Budd/TransitAmerica. Ironically I first thought the Budd cars were by Breda (given their similarity with LA Metro).