Railroad Forums 

Discussion about Florida passenger rail operations including proposals. Official web-sites:
Miami/Dade Metrorail, Sunrail (Orlando), and Tri-County Commuter Rail Authority
For Virgin Rail/Brightline: Virgin Trains Worldwide (includes Brightline)

Moderator: Kurt-Trirail

#144602  by blockss

I was at the Embassy suites in Boca Raton a few days ago and saw that the trirail station was right in front of it. I thought it would have been real convenient to have the station there had I taken a trip without a rental car. Unfortionately it looks like they are building a new station that is not within close walking distance to all the hotels. The new station looks like it is going to be nice nonetheless. Does anyone know when they plan to start operation of the new station? It will be interesting to see if AMTRAK adds a stop there since it appears to be much larger.
 #145094  by Noel Weaver

The station work and the double track work are hand in hand. After the
new station is put into service, the old one will be demolished immediately
in order to allow the new second track to be put in just about on the same
ground as the present station sits.
As far as Amtrak is concerned, the stop at Deerfield Beach more than
adequately serves Boca Raton and there are no plans for any additional
Amtrak stops in this territory.
Noel Weaver
 #330872  by ScottysAir

Noel Weaver wrote:The station work and the double track work are hand in hand. After the
new station is put into service, the old one will be demolished immediately
in order to allow the new second track to be put in just about on the same
ground as the present station sits.
As far as Amtrak is concerned, the stop at Deerfield Beach more than
adequately serves Boca Raton and there are no plans for any additional
Amtrak stops in this territory.
Noel Weaver
Yes, it is new Boca Raton station it does change when I am been in Florida few months ago. When my aunt was there and she was waiting for me at the train station. Because old tri-rail station has been no longer exist. Because when CSX has been construction new double track for reduce wait time when the trains is fastest for than one single track.

#331632  by NIMBYkiller

NOOO!!! This station was in such a good location. I remember being no more than 8, staying at the Embassy Suites there. We got a room facing the tracks. Oh man was I in heaven! The only reason my parents agreed to going for a ride was because it was so close. I wonder if Sunny from the LIRR still works there....
 #1004385  by Noel Weaver

This concerns a second Tri-Rail station in Boca Raton so rather than start a new topic, I decided to locate and open a previous one from 5 years back. The powers to be are considering a station in the area of Glades Road and Military Trail. Here is a link to an article in the local rag today:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-b ... 7065.story

Doing this makes sense in my opinion but that does not mean that they will do it anytime soon.
Noel Weaver
 #1122046  by Jeff Smith

Sun-Sentinel
Second Tri-Rail station in Boca Raton moves a step closer

Train riders looking for another Tri-Rail stop in Boca Raton could soon get their wish: A second station could be a few years away in an area of the city ripe for redevelopment.

The Florida Department of Transportation has set aside $10 million for a new Tri-Rail station near Military Trail south of Glades Road. But the South Florida Regional Transportation Authority, which runs Tri-Rail, needs to come up with another $8.5 million to complete the $18.5 million project.

"Where are we going to get that $8.5 million? I don't know," said Bonnie Arnold, Tri-Rail spokeswoman. "It's definitely not a done deal."

A second Tri-Rail station in Boca Raton has been proposed for years. But there has been increased interest and speculation about the project near the Shops at Boca Center in the past year.