Railroad Forums 

• Interesting consists

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1419174  by glennk419

scotty269 wrote:It died at Suburban Station on friday morning.
With a Sprinter? That's not good.
 #1424365  by R3 Passenger

Train 9724 is heading from Trenton to Temple with AEM-7 2301 pulling. This is interesting because the motors are usually pushing this train. Must have been wyed since cab car 2403 is at the rear.
 #1425730  by rslitman

Train 328 on 3/28 (2017) had 175-176-177-178 in order from front to rear.
 #1483498  by mcgrath618

Just saw a sprinter on the Manayunk/Norristown line with a couple of cars. Couldn’t catch the number as I was on the other bank of the river, but if anyone knows anything about why it’s there off peak I would be happy to hear
 #1483504  by glennk419

mcgrath618 wrote:Just saw a sprinter on the Manayunk/Norristown line with a couple of cars. Couldn’t catch the number as I was on the other bank of the river, but if anyone knows anything about why it’s there off peak I would be happy to hear
Most likely testing or training runs.
 #1486529  by mcgrath618

Unless my eyes should deceive me, as my Trenton train passed over the SEPTA main, I saw a push pull consist from either Lansdale or West Trenton with double header ACS-64s
 #1486536  by glennk419

mcgrath618 wrote:Unless my eyes should deceive me, as my Trenton train passed over the SEPTA main, I saw a push pull consist from either Lansdale or West Trenton with double header ACS-64s
You very well may have. There are still several Sprinters going through acceptance testing.
 #1487484  by Limited-Clear

It came inbound with the 2308, the 2306 was added at Wayne Electric as it was needed back at Frazer.
 #1501030  by RDGAndrew

Push-pull set including a Sprinter made a round trip to (I assume) Warminster midday today, towed by an end-cab diesel. Didn’t catch any numbers, since I only saw it from a distance/from the car. It was through Jenkintown around noon and inbound through Willow Grove at 1:15. If it was a qualifying run, seems odd that it would have had diesel power. Any guesses?