Railroad Forums 

• PCC II Spotted on Route 34

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1505086  by mcgrath618

Hello all,
My friend spotted a PCC II on Baltimore Ave this morning. Any particular reason why it would be there and not Girard? Does this mean it went under Market St today?

Thanks!
 #1505104  by JeffK

That's interesting. Route 15's normally maintained out of Callowhill, so at least on the surface it wouldn't make sense to use Baltimore Ave. for a maintenance move. Did your friend see whether it appeared to be in revenue service? Maybe a private charter?
 #1505147  by JeffK

Sounds like the solution. Thanks, Bob!

(Confession: I haven't visited Elmwood in a very long time, well before the PCC IIs arrived. I need to get out more....)
 #1505168  by ExCon90

I still don't see how the 34, rather than the 11 or 13, helps them to get to Elmwood. Moving east on Girard, then the 10 to the diversion trackage on 40th St. could get them to the 11 or 13 as easily as to the 34, and what could they do then except go to 61st St. and come back? A charter seems possible, but normally the railfan telegraph would have put some word out even in the absence of an announcement. Railfans are everywhere ...
 #1505254  by mcgrath618

Met up with the friend yesterday who told me that he'd made a mistake, and that it was actually the route 36. Probably makes more sense regarding Elmwood.