Railroad Forums 

• Blueliner?

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1481535  by StrasburgRailroadFan

Now, I have been going to Philadelphia many times by septa, and recently I have noticed something. There is an old electric MU that looks a bit like a blueliner in the septa yard between the stations wayne junction and north broad. Could someone tell me possibly why it is there? Next time I am on SEPTA I will try to get a picture. (or maybe I already have one deep in my files of train photos either way I'll get them posted.)
 #1481536  by amtrakhogger

StrasburgRailroadFan wrote:Now, I have been going to Philadelphia many times by septa, and recently I have noticed something. There is an old electric MU that looks a bit like a blueliner in the septa yard between the stations wayne junction and north broad. Could someone tell me possibly why it is there? Next time I am on SEPTA I will try to get a picture. (or maybe I already have one deep in my files of train photos either way I'll get them posted.)
It is the 9135 and is or was used for storage. The car has been there for around 25 years or so and was painted once
within that time frame.
 #1481555  by StrasburgRailroadFan

amtrakhogger wrote:
StrasburgRailroadFan wrote:Now, I have been going to Philadelphia many times by septa, and recently I have noticed something. There is an old electric MU that looks a bit like a blueliner in the septa yard between the stations wayne junction and north broad. Could someone tell me possibly why it is there? Next time I am on SEPTA I will try to get a picture. (or maybe I already have one deep in my files of train photos either way I'll get them posted.)
It is the 9135 and is or was used for storage. The car has been there for around 25 years or so and was painted once
within that time frame.
Yes that is it! thanks for the information.
 #1481631  by CNJGeep

R36 Combine Coach wrote:9130 to be correct.
The headlight says 9135, employees who placed it say it's 9135, survey says...
 #1481647  by amtrakhogger

CNJGeep wrote:
Survey says you are right. 9135.
 #1481759  by liftedjeep

amtrakhogger wrote:
CNJGeep wrote:
Survey says you are right. 9135.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=4166167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ben
 #1481795  by glennk419

It's also landlocked as the switch to the siding was removed years ago.