Railroad Forums 

• Best Place to see Toasters and ALP-44 before retirement

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1484632  by MACTRAXX

glennk419 wrote:I wonder if SEPTA will run any farewell to the toasters excursions like Amtrak did?
Glenn and Everyone: Philadelphia Chapter-NRHS would be the likely sponsor of any "Farewell" fan
excursion trips for the AEM7 (and ALP44) motor fleet. Their September meeting will be Thursday
September 20 at the Elkins Park Station at 7:00PM. This will likely be on the meeting agenda and
there may be mention of any plans coming in the Fall 2018 season to honor these eight motors.

I had a feeling that with the deliveries and testing of the new ACS64 units (I noticed 905 being
used for test runs and both 906 and 907 sitting outside Wayne Electric Shop two weeks ago)
that the days were numbered for the now 31 year old AEM7 fleet and that retirement was near...

MACTRAXX
 #1484702  by ekt8750

glennk419 wrote:
bikentransit wrote:probably not. They hate nostalgia
Well, they did run one for the Blueliners but I suppose that was a different era although a little PR wouldn't hurt either.
They ran a couple for the SLII/IIIs as well.
 #1484970  by glennk419

njt/mnrrbuff wrote:It would be great to have a farewell excursion. If it does happen, it may be a question mark about Amtrak letting Septa run it on the NEC or Keystone Corridor because of the new administration policies.

What new policies? They ran on Amtrak right up until their retirement.
 #1484987  by NorthPennLimited

According to SEPTA’s railroad improvement web page (the web page designers need to slow down in the Kool-Aide) on SEPTA.org, engine 906 is undergoing acceptance testing and is projected to enter revenue service this Friday, September 7th.

So tomorrow should be 2308’s last day in revenue service, since they should have 6 Sprinters hauling 6 push-pull trains
 #1485000  by CNJGeep

NorthPennLimited wrote:According to SEPTA’s railroad improvement web page (the web page designers need to slow down in the Kool-Aide) on SEPTA.org, engine 906 is undergoing acceptance testing and is projected to enter revenue service this Friday, September 7th.

So tomorrow should be 2308’s last day in revenue service, since they should have 6 Sprinters hauling 6 push-pull trains
Not quite. 2307 and 2308 ran on Tuesday, 2307 running for a shopped 903. 903 was outshopped Tuesday evening and swapped with 2308.

9251/9254 ran with the 2307 today. It will run on D9301/9340 tomorrow morning, with a planned swap for the 906 in the afternoon. This could also take place on Friday.
 #1486189  by glennk419

CNJGeep wrote:2306 and 2308 are out and about today, pinch hitting for broken Sprinters.
Do we know which Sprinters are OOS? The first ones could just be in for their 91day inspections already.
 #1486198  by CNJGeep

glennk419 wrote:
CNJGeep wrote:2306 and 2308 are out and about today, pinch hitting for broken Sprinters.
Do we know which Sprinters are OOS? The first ones could just be in for their 91day inspections already.
I believe the 903 is one, not sure about the other one. Both Sprinters are shops.
 #1486256  by glennk419

CNJGeep wrote:
glennk419 wrote:
I believe the 903 is one, not sure about the other one. Both Sprinters are shops.
That's not very good MTBF for brand new units with virtually no miles on them.