Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak ACS-64 664 on SEPTA

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1373211  by chuchubob

SEPTA has leased Amtrak Cities Sprinter AMTK 664 for a couple weeks presumably to allow shop workers to check it out and to ascertain clearance on all SEPTA's lines. 664 was in Amtrak's Race Street Yard Monday morning prior to being moved to the pit track for inspection. From there it went to ZOO to switch to SEPTA, then went to Wayne Electric, photographed passing Roberts and moving through Wayne Junction station.
 #1373316  by SRich

Does the 664 get temporary SEPTA logos ore kept the it Amtrak logo's ?
 #1373416  by South Jersey Budd

Nice shots Bob !

It will be on SEPTA property for about 3 weeks and will do road testing with one of the sets of coaches that sit at Wayne during the day and possibly at night with the coaches that store at Roberts Yard overnight.

I don't see them lettering it for SEPTA. I don't think SEMENS has turned it over to AMTRAK yet. Will have to check the AMTRAK Forum.
 #1373461  by ChemiosMurphy

Great shots! The ACS must have turned a few heads passing through the tunnel.

I wonder what the going rate for the lease is out of curiosity. I still can't believe new locomotives and multilevels are coming. Good times
 #1373527  by ex Budd man

asc-64.jpg
The ACS-64 arrived at Wayne Junction yesterday. It will be testing along the West Trenton line this week, probably mid day and evenings.
 #1373591  by MACTRAXX

SJB and Everyone:

With the Flower Show week just days away will we see #664 get any standby use in push/pull service if necessary?
That may be the one way SEPTA gets to test this ACS64 in actual service...

MACTRAXX
 #1373716  by wagz

Ex Budd Man, is it still likely 664 will testing on the West Trenton Line tomorrow? If so I may go camp out at Woodbourne since I don't have to get to work until 2:30.

Thanks in advance!
 #1373757  by South Jersey Budd

There will be daytime testing tomorrow and Saturday. Not sure what lines or if it will be lite or with coaches.

I don't believe the engine will be used in revenue service, but I can not say for sure because I don't know the deal between Siemens, AMTRAK & SEPTA.
 #1373802  by twropr

A memo I saw said the coaches need to be back in place each afternoon in time for the ALP/AEM7 to handle them in revenue service.
Andy
 #1374278  by wagz

I don't want to become "that guy" but does anyone have any intel on if and where 664 will be tomorrow and Wednesday. I'm off and hoping to catch it.

Thanks.
 #1374377  by JeffK

chuchubob wrote:I caught it Monday passing through North Broad and returning back toward Wayne Junction.
Nice photos - thanks Bob!

(I just wish the designers hadn't fallen into the "slant eyes" meme that afflicts so many other vehicles. Space aliens, anyone? )