Railroad Forums 

• AEM-7/ALP-44 status

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1472434  by glennk419

mcgrath618 wrote:So was yesterday the last day of service for these guys? I heard a rumor that the sprinters are going in on Monday...
I also heard that they were entering service on Monday the 14th. Although there are nine Sprinters on the property, I don't know that they've all completed acceptance testing nor how far engineer and crew training has progressed. I would imagine that they will be phased in over the next few months and the meatballs will soldier on a little longer.

That said, I believe I heard a Sprinter coming through Jenkintown around 3:00 today.
 #1472502  by CNJGeep

mcgrath618 wrote:So was yesterday the last day of service for these guys? I heard a rumor that the sprinters are going in on Monday...
ONE is supposed to begin service tomorrow on a dedicated rotation. Whether or not it happens will be determined tomorrow, although as of right now it is looking extremely unlikely.
 #1473238  by liftedjeep

acelaphillies wrote:Are the push/pull sets back on the Trenton Line? Any chance the 2308 will be on 9745 :P ? Thanks!!
2308 had mechanical issues two days ago at Suburban Station, and was towed to Frazier(?) by 2307. Not sure of its current status.
Ben
 #1473239  by acelaphillies

liftedjeep wrote:
acelaphillies wrote:Are the push/pull sets back on the Trenton Line? Any chance the 2308 will be on 9745 :P ? Thanks!!
2308 had mechanical issues two days ago at Suburban Station, and was towed to Frazier(?) by 2307. Not sure of its current status.
Ben
Thanks Ben
 #1473683  by glennk419

AEM-7 2305 was on West Trenton train 6321 this morning.

Has anyone confirmed if any of the Sprinters are in revenue service yet?
 #1473701  by CNJGeep

They are not.

New, new, new, projected in service date is Friday, 6/1
 #1475381  by ChesterValley

I thought this was in the thread, but I'll post it here. SEPTA has a webcam set up on Frazer Yards you can see here http://www.frazeryard.com/webcam.html
Right now you can see three AEM-7's with the new Locomotives in the background.
 #1475979  by mcgrath618

Just met two very nice railfans during work at Bryn Mawr station today.
Apparently, the Sprinters are OOS until they resolve some braking issue.
We saw two of the toasters though, 2305 and 2306.
 #1476008  by glennk419

mcgrath618 wrote:Just met two very nice railfans during work at Bryn Mawr station today.
Apparently, the Sprinters are OOS until they resolve some braking issue.
We saw two of the toasters though, 2305 and 2306.
Maybe they can repaint them while they're at it.