Railroad Forums 

• Contradictory Overnight Parking Information

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1313605  by rslitman

There's a place on the SEPTA website that lists stations where overnight parking is prohibited. Bethayres is not on the list. But there's a sign there that says something like, "Overnight Parking Prohibited". Who should I believe?
 #1313634  by Disney Guy

A: The posted signs plus any citywide ordinance whichever is more restrictive.

If no signs are posted to the contrary and there is no citywide ordinance against overnight parking then you may not be penalized even if the website mentions no overnight parking. Not everyone uses the computer.
 #1313664  by AlexC

Not to go off-topic with roadsigns.net , but this is a safety issue.

WAIT FOR GREEN is different than NO TURN ON RED.

NO TURN ON RED means exactly that.

WAIT FOR GREEN means the on coming traffic gets the green light before you do (perhaps in conjunction with a green left arrow). So, wait for your green light to come on before you go into the intersection, not just watching the other cars.
You can make the right hand turn if it is safe.
 #1313736  by ChrisinAbington

rslitman wrote:There's a place on the SEPTA website that lists stations where overnight parking is prohibited. Bethayres is not on the list. But there's a sign there that says something like, "Overnight Parking Prohibited". Who should I believe?
Just to chime in, I would never choose to ignore a posted sign just because a location is excluded from a listing elsewhere (especially online). Your argument to the towing company would be short lived and expensive.
 #1313766  by Sir Ray

AlexC wrote:Not to go off-topic with roadsigns.net , but this is a safety issue.
WAIT FOR GREEN is different than NO TURN ON RED.
NO TURN ON RED means exactly that.

WAIT FOR GREEN means the on coming traffic gets the green light before you do (perhaps in conjunction with a green left arrow). So, wait for your green light to come on before you go into the intersection, not just watching the other cars.
You can make the right hand turn if it is safe.
OTOH...
 #1313871  by eb684

Both Claymont and Newark have signs that state that no overnight parking is allowed, but it's not an issue at either location. I would contact whomever is in charge of the lot, whether it's SEPTA or someone else, and ask them directly.
 #1313988  by MACTRAXX

eb684 wrote:Both Claymont and Newark have signs that state that no overnight parking is allowed, but it's not an issue at either location. I would contact whomever is in charge of the lot, whether it's SEPTA or someone else, and ask them directly.
EB: Both of these stations are sponsored by Delaware Transit Corporation - or DelDot - that is who you should contact about parking at these locations...

MACTRAXX
 #1314158  by eb684

MACTRAXX wrote:
eb684 wrote:Both Claymont and Newark have signs that state that no overnight parking is allowed, but it's not an issue at either location. I would contact whomever is in charge of the lot, whether it's SEPTA or someone else, and ask them directly.
EB: Both of these stations are sponsored by Delaware Transit Corporation - or DelDot - that is who you should contact about parking at these locations...

MACTRAXX
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was referring to the OP when I said to contact whomever is in charge of the lot. Just using the Delaware lots as an example that the signs posted at the lot aren't necessarily the policy that is followed.