Railroad Forums 

• Lenni

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1304859  by ChrisU

Does Septa still run trains to Lenni to train new engineers or did they stop doing that?
 #1304886  by Limited-Clear

No
 #1304998  by ChrisU

When did they stop doing that if you know?
 #1305052  by 25Hz

Did they only run diesels? I thought that line had the wires taken down?
 #1305066  by SCB2525

The line is OOS between CP South Elwyn and Glen Mills.
 #1305098  by westernfalls

ChrisU wrote:Does Septa still run trains to Lenni to train new engineers or did they stop doing that?
You might get more satisfaction reviewing this topic.
 #1305123  by nomis

The last time I remember a septa loco being used for crew qualifications is 2011 ...
 #1305155  by RCman2626

For what its worth, the West Chester RR's lease on the railroad was recently extended as far North as Lenni. The WCRR does not plan to run any regular trains there, however it was the only option they had to keep the line open to the outside world. Unfortunately SEPTA pawned all of the maintenance off on them as well.
 #1305176  by 25Hz

RCman2626 wrote:For what its worth, the West Chester RR's lease on the railroad was recently extended as far North as Lenni. The WCRR does not plan to run any regular trains there, however it was the only option they had to keep the line open to the outside world. Unfortunately SEPTA pawned all of the maintenance off on them as well.
Pft, better than the line that shall not be named.. ;)
 #1305291  by Clearfield

25Hz wrote:Pft, better than the line that shall not be named.. ;)
Pft, better than the line that WILL not be named :)
 #1305414  by BuddSilverliner269

Clearfield wrote:
25Hz wrote:Pft, better than the line that shall not be named.. ;)
Pft, better than the line that WILL not be named :)
Ohhhhhh that line? For a second I thought you were talking about the Newtown Line? 😛
 #1305417  by chuchubob

25Hz wrote:Did they only run diesels? I thought that line had the wires taken down?
The wires were removed at Lenni.
 #1305659  by Quinn

RCman2626 wrote:For what its worth, the West Chester RR's lease on the railroad was recently extended as far North as Lenni. The WCRR does not plan to run any regular trains there, however it was the only option they had to keep the line open to the outside world. Unfortunately SEPTA pawned all of the maintenance off on them as well.
I guess that really points to SEPTA having no plans for Wawa in foreseeable future.
 #1305912  by zebrasepta

does anyone know where the Lenni Substation is located at?
 #1305919  by motor

zebrasepta wrote:does anyone know where the Lenni Substation is located at?
It's just east of the grade crossing at Lungren Road.

motor

P.S. "Hello It's Me" by a dude with a similar name (Todd Rundgren) just came into my mind again - as it always does when I spot Lungren Road on the map (or drove it back when I lived in Delco). :-D

P.P.S. And now "I Saw the Light" has replaced "Hello..." in my brain... :wink: