Railroad Forums 

• Which Trenton?

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1302065  by acs85

I live in North Jersey, and I plan on going to the Netherworld **ahem** S. Jersey tomorrow. I plan on going to Philly afterwards, but I hate city driving. I don't want to have to drive 2 hrs home to Newark after I'm done, so I planned on driving up to the Trenton area to park. What has better (ie. cheaper &/or safer) parking: West Trenton, or Trenton?

I know WT is a little farther from Center City, but I can also indulge my inner rail fan a bit.
 #1302070  by Clearfield

IMHO, Trenton has more and safer indoor parking. $10 for 12 hours on weekends.
 #1302092  by rslitman

acs85 wrote:I live in North Jersey, and I plan on going to the Netherworld **ahem** S. Jersey tomorrow. I plan on going to Philly afterwards, but I hate city driving. I don't want to have to drive 2 hrs home to Newark after I'm done, so I planned on driving up to the Trenton area to park. What has better (ie. cheaper &/or safer) parking: West Trenton, or Trenton?

I know WT is a little farther from Center City, but I can also indulge my inner rail fan a bit.
Parking is free at West Trenton. The spaces are not individually marked, but they shouldn't be too hard to find on a weekend. Just be sure to park on the traditionally inbound side. The other lot is privately owned, and train riders aren't allowed to park there. I say "traditionally" because the opposite tracks are often used on weekends.
 #1302134  by MACTRAXX

ACS,

I would check into driving to Yardley or Levittown just into PA because the fare would be cheaper...

The Zone NJ fare from Trenton and West Trenton is $9 pre paid or $10 on board each way...

I would also check into the alternative of parking at one of the NJT River Line stations and consider the thought of driving down I 295 to the PATCO Woodcrest Station which has a direct
Exit and link to the PATCO High Speed Line...

All of these options would be cheaper then using SEPTA RRD from
Trenton or West Trenton...

MACTRAXX
Last edited by MACTRAXX on Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #1302135  by 25Hz

You can also park at hamilton, if safety is your primary concern (never had one issue in 13 years at trenton).
 #1303360  by Jersey_Mike

Park at the Bordentown RiverLINE station (5 min from 295 via Rt 130) and pay the ~$4.00 to connect the RiverLINE to PATCO. Service is more frequent and not much slower. There is absolutely no reason to ride SEPTA from either NJ station unless you are traveling after the hours the RiverLINE operates.