Railroad Forums 

• SEPTA Mid-Winter Trip XIV

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1296952  by Jersey_Mike

It is probably going to be held on the 29th of December with the 30th as a backup in case of snow. I am still considering the route with some possible destinations including Elwyn, Neshaminy, D-Town, Wilmington and the Rt 36(?) to Angora.

D-town is a bit of a hike, but it offers a place for lunch and a small SEPTA yard. I'll have to check the layover situation. The Route 75 might also make an appearance.
 #1297046  by rslitman

Jersey_Mike wrote:It is probably going to be held on the 29th of December with the 30th as a backup in case of snow. I am still considering the route with some possible destinations including Elwyn, Neshaminy, D-Town, Wilmington and the Rt 36(?) to Angora.

D-town is a bit of a hike, but it offers a place for lunch and a small SEPTA yard. I'll have to check the layover situation. The Route 75 might also make an appearance.
D-Town? oyles or owning? Or both?
 #1297875  by Jersey_Mike

Doylestown. That's looking more and more likely. We've leave from MARKET EAST station a little before 9...spend a half headway at Lansdale. Continue to D-town...have a little over an hour for an early lunch, then jet back to Wayne, Rt 75 to MFL then BSS Fern Rock turn.

Another idea is Rt 10 to Overbrook then ride an R5 through to Lansdale/Doylestown.
 #1298114  by Jersey_Mike

After the BSS loop if its still light we I am considering a Rt 10 trip out to Overbrook for a rush hour photo-shoot.
 #1309024  by RRSignal2

No idea, but - and keep in mind that I'm just throwing this out there - consider a run to Media/Elwyn, since you're a signal fan. That's about the only RRD line that has much in the way of anything anymore.
 #1309112  by Jersey_Mike

RRSignal2 wrote:No idea, but - and keep in mind that I'm just throwing this out there - consider a run to Media/Elwyn, since you're a signal fan. That's about the only RRD line that has much in the way of anything anymore.
Well there's no time to change the route this year, but fun fact, the M-W-T has never been to Elwyn.
 #1309140  by R3 Passenger

Maybe MWT XV? I am keeping 12/28/15 open assuming this event will be taking place. Although, I am betting I will be venturing down to Media or Elwyn prior to that. :-)

Looking forward to this year's trip!
 #1309146  by CNJGeep

Won't Elwyn be shut down for Crum Creek next year?
 #1309201  by Jersey_Mike

It's on the schedule for MWT XV. Thanks for the heads up.

BTW, anyone wanting to meet up with me in NJ, I will be catching the 7:55 or 8:06 PATCO express train from Lindenwold. If you board at Woodcrest I will be in the railfan seat.

Anyone who misses the 8:55 R5 train out of Market East can instead catch the 9:19 and rejoin the trip at Lansdale.