Railroad Forums 

• SEPTA Android app

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1289116  by Bill R.

I downloaded the app on Wednesday and used it Wednesday evening.

It seemed to work well for RRD and surface transit (including Subway-Surface lines), but there was no train location information for MFSE at about 8:30 pm Wednesday evening (would have been really helpful while waiting on the westbound platform at 2nd Street). Admittedly, I did not check the BSS link to see if that was working.

Anyone else care to share their experiences - positive or negative - here?
 #1289119  by scotty269

Let's just say it's 4+ years in the making, for those who are keeping score.
 #1290194  by ekt8750

I like it. It helped me out somewhat when I found out my train to Chestnut Hill East had broken down in Holmesburg.
 #1290209  by kiha40

I think it's pretty good. I have both it and Septa Instant. Between the two, the mobile site, and schedules in pdf format, I can get the info I want. One thing I notice is that Instant shows buses that (I assume) have the GPS thing set incorrectly. I can still figure out when it's going to arrive (or not). Septa's own app seems to hide these. Instant doesn't show trains on a map at all, so it can't be compared. If trains have the same transponder, I suppose they can probably set wrong too, and they probably won't appear on the map.